Statistics show that less than half of American children brush their teeth twice a day and that tooth decay is our nation’s most common chronic childhood disease. The two definitely go hand in hand.
To help combat this, the Ad Council and the Partnership for Healthy Mouths, Healthy Lives have released a new mobile game, Toothsavers. It’s available for both iOS and Android, and it helps make brushing teeth fun by asking kids to save a kingdom in the game with the swipe of their toothbrush. The battles go on for two minutes, the recommended time it takes to brush teeth. Also, by playing twice a day, the kids can unlock new characters.
The game features the following:
· 10 colorful characters whose teeth kids can clean with swipes and taps.
· 10 two-minute animations to make brushing in real life fun.
· 10 colorful cartoon teeth that animate to your voice in two-player mode.
· An interactive map to chart each day and night that kids brush with Toothsavers.
· New characters unlocked by brushing two minutes, twice a day with Toothsavers.
· A parents’ section to designate daily brushing times and monitor kids’ brushing progress on a calendar.
It’s free, so why not add it to your smartphone or tablet and help your kids have more fun while brushing their teeth? You can also play the game from your computer or laptop at http://2min2x.org/PlayToothsavers/. The more fun they have, the more likely they’ll do it on their own!